The following are requirements for all student participants for participation in this program:
- United States passport with at least 7 months remaining validity. If you do not have a valid United States passport, you cannot participate in this trip.
- Up to date on immunizations, including:
· Mumps-measeles-rubella (MMR) vaccine
· Diptheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine
· Polio vaccine
· Chicken pox vaccine (varicella)
- We will not be traveling into the Amazon basin, so you will not need a yellow fever vaccination.
- Proof of travel insurance that includes emergency evacuation & repatriation. Trip cancellation and lost property are also good to make sure you policy includes. If you have any questions, please contact the Education Director at DALevering@FHSU.edu
Please read the following. Understanding of the information below is required to register for this program.
International Camps Deadlines
For international programs, the Sternberg Museum requires registration and
payment of the deposit to be complete by January 6th, 2017. If your application is accepted, the deposit becomes non-refundable. The deposit is used to hold the student’s place in the program, and cover a deposit fee with the guide service we are operating the trip through. For accepted applications, payment must be completed by March 3rd, 2017.
International Camps Refund Policy
Cancellations and withdrawals must be submitted in writing, via email or handwritten letter. Up to the registration deadline of January 6th, 2017, the deposit is fully refundable. After January 6th, 2017, the deposit becomes non-refundable. The remaining registration fee is due by March 3rd, 2017, 2017. The registration fee, excluding the deposit amount, is fully refundable until March 3rd, 2017. After March 3rd, the registration fee is only 50% refundable. After April 7th, the registration fee is non-refundable.
Please add that food on international trips is prepared by guides, service staff, or Museum education staff. We will do our best during international trips to coordinate with our guides and lodges we are staying in to accommodate dietary restrictions.
Contacting Your Child
During international programs, education staff will do their best to provide status updates for the trip via Museum Twitter and Instagram (@SternbergMuseum) accounts. Access to wireless internet or cellular data will be unpredictable. Please assume no news is good news if there are gaps in our online updates. Along with this, please do not count on being able to reach your student by phone reliably. If you need to contact your child during the program, please email them or the Education Director (DALevering@FHSU.edu). If you email the Education Director, he will transmit your message to your student, and follow up however necessary.
Transportation (International Programs)
Transportation for international programs is program-specific. Please see the individual program description, and contact the Education Director (DALevering@FHSU.edu).